Friday, December 19, 2008

School Holiday Concert...yes, Christmas carols for parents to video tape day...

My third grader had a Christmas concert. But the school is too PC, so they call it a Holiday concert. Here is how our day went:

This morning before school, I said, "Im gonna wave to you!" Joseph
says, "Im not waving back".
I said, "oh real nice."
he said he's not allowed. I said "fine." I said "Then I'm jumping up and down and waving both arms and yelling, HI BEAR!! ITS MOMMY!!" he laughed.

So after all of the other grades and the choir sing, its time for the 3rd graders. Joey Bear gets on stage and spots me right away. I see his dimple, so I think he's smiling, but his lips are pursed. He is trying his hardest not to smile. He keeps sneaking a glance at me, then smirks, and looks away as quick as he can. I see him whispering to his friend next to him on stage, then his friend looks at me and smiles and they laugh.

I think, what!? Am I making a goofy grin? Am I embarrassing
him? But I dont care. I'm grinning ear to ear, just happy to see him
in his school environment, happy, relaxed.

Reminds me how lucky I am.

No comments: